This season, men’s fashion is turning to rustic, rural inspiration for inspiration. but also to winter sports organizations and American universities. The styling continues with superimposition.
This winter 2022-2023, there is a “battle” between six major fashion trends on the shelves of men’s winter jackets, parkas, and down jackets:
- The main items that are not new, and are destined to be, are clothes with rural aspects such as quilted jackets and multi-pocket jackets in dark blue or khaki. They give birth to “Gentlemen Peasants”.
- Clothing similar to ski equipment: Best wore with a hooded puffer down jacket, balaclava, etc. Often these down jackets are long.
- Great American universities on the East Coast say a great inspiration: teddy jackets, baseball jackets with boiled wool bodies, leather sleeves, big logos and letters about teams and fictitious universities.
- A trend towards over-protection which is somewhat similar to the trend inspired by winter sports: shell-like, ultra-puffy coats.
- Jackets and shearling Jackets, in shearling, are particularly inspired by aviator jackets.
- A leisurewear trend, consisting of long bathrobe-style coats.
Tailoring and outerwear mingle
In terms of style, earlier there was a distinction between the city, business and sportswear. We wore long coats or parkas with suits. A down jacket with a tracksuit or jeans. Quilted jackets with chinos or cargo. These consensual associations leave room for more freedom. For example, sewing and wearing outdoor activity clothes together. For example, a large puffy down jacket is worn over a suit.
The “layering” style continues, that is to say in United State, the class consists of the top position of the garment: over a parka, jacket, shirt, or hoodie.
We stack layers of clothing to show off the different layers well, even if the bottom ones are bigger than the top ones. We don’t hesitate to make associations that seem illogical, such as wearing a quilted jacket under a jacket.